Fishing 1. MY FISHING HOBBY. (My DIY REEL)

My Fishing Hobby ( DIY )

This is my second hobby that interest me Fishing. In 70 to 80 when Chinese New Year came, me and my family will go back home town for a week holiday (Taiping Perak), I always call my cousin to go fishing, that time they didn't have complete fishing equipment. What they do is they make their own fishing reel (DIY), From 1981 i started to use moden fishing tackle until today.

I call it Kong Kong (In mandarin mean CAN). Price Free, only buy the line , weight and hook. No bearing, line - no limit, ratio - hand speed, no drag. The equipment is a hard empty can ex Coca – Cola can or other brand. In 80 most of the can drinks is made by hard materiel only in 90 they started to use aluminium can soft., the line any pound, weight and hook.  

How it made? tie a dead knot on the can and then wind the rest of the line to the can body until full (pic), at the end of the line tie the weight and hook (pic).  

How to use? First put bait on the hook, hold the can on the line tie side, release out few meter of the line, swing the line in round way hard and let go, the line will go out buy it self due to the weight, hold tight the can. To wind back the line uses your hand power. Walaa that my cheap fishing reel. Look at the. It looks foolish but I can throw the line far to the center of the pond. You also can feel the fish fighting but not that feel using rod and reel.


The Line Tie on one End

The Rest of line to the Center of the Can

The Weight

The Hook

The Finish project

I found this Can Can in my Grand mother House in Taiping. Using hard can drinks, a cigarette can (red) that can keep the fishing equipment in it or the milk can (brown).

The Red can is a cigarette can that have a compartmet on it to put weight,hook, swivel and other parts. middle is food can, Yellow is a drink can


The most fish I catch using this hand made fishing equipment in the pond is Red and Black TALAPIA fish (Red Oreochromis niloticus, Black Oreochromis mossambicus) This species bread almost all the pond in Perak.

The red tilapia meet is more nicer then the black

It can grow until 500 to 600grm. Fighting is good when hook on it.


Enjoy FISHING 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RC1. My RC STORY

RC26. My Memory Having RC Car. Malaysia RC Hobby Shop

RC36. My Memory Having RC Car. My No 16 RC. 1/10 - 1996 Kyosho Spider TF2