Fishing 6. MY FISHING HOBBY. (My Ryobi GX300/DAM Quick SC4)

From year 1981 to 1989 my fishing place almost in river. 1990 to 1993 most of the time in pond.1994 until today Sea is my fishing sport. Year pass my knowledge of fishing getting batter, I up grates my self to the expensive rod and reel, below is some of my early new fishing reel and rod. Most still in working condition. 

My no 2 Reel RYOBI GX 300 
1. Bearing = Nil
2. Line Test = 3 - 5 ib.
3. Drag = front
4. Ratio = 3.1/1
Made In Japan

Rm14 1981 in larut matang emporium Taiping, for my collection. It a light reel, But it Heavy, not that fun. Use for small stream only. My vintage collection today. The body is red colour but Respray to silver.

This not mine just to show the box

Lhs view. The ori colour is red, due to paint damage, i repaint to silver.

Rhs view

Front 

Rear Anti Reverse Lever

Small Line Roller. After long storage the bail arm crack. Reglue back.

The Front Drag

Center shaft

The Prices Tag still on It

Bottom View

Foldble Handle

Inside Gear System. The gear is the drag noise


My no 3 reel DAM QUICK SC4. 
1. Bearing = 1
2. Line Test = 15 - 25 ib.
3. Line Die = 0.40 - 0.50mm.
4. Line capacity = 100 - 135m.
5. Ratio = 4.4/1.
6. Drag = Rear
7. Graphtite Petticoat Spool.
8. Silent anti reverse.
9. Changeable handle Left to right.
10. Foldable handle and bail arm.
11. Line clip.

Buy Rm49 year 1982. In Larut Matang Emporium Taiping Perak.This reel catch many fish, use most of the time for casting Sebarau. Pic the sebarau 1 kg 600 grm, Toman 6 kg. The bigest sebarau is 3KG. This reel match with Daiwa 780 CS Rod. Last photo is at Tanjung Gelang beach 1991, my friend place in Balok Kuantan Pahang on the way to Cukai Trengganu. This reel is my favourite one. The Weakness of this reel is the anti revers stopper, the metal worn off fast, so i always take to my friend shop to weld it. The last problem i have in this reel is the damage Bail Lever, no spare parts. But in 2006 i found the same product but different model DAM SC3. is a second hand buy in Amcorp mall. I change it. All the gear is in good condition no worn off much.
Now days most of the time this reel just in the box, i have other more advance reel to replaces it. Today it become my most Memorable Fishing Reel. It my first expensive Reel in that moment of time. When it getting older 14 years last using in Shah Alan fishing competitions in 1996. Then I replace a new advance reel, I redo what ever I get parts.
 Today my vintage, still can use.

Rhs view

Lhs view

The Prices Tag (Larut Matang Taiping RM49)

The Graphtite Petticoat Spool

The Push Button To Release the Spool From Axle

Main shaft

Buy Extra Spool RM18

Foldable ball Arm assembly

Eazy storage

Anti Reverse Lock

Front View

Rear Drag system

Foldable handle

Bottom View

Top View

Small Line Roller No Ball Bearing



The Gear System

That is quality brands. After for long use the gear still ok.

The week nest is the Anti Reverse lock worn off need to weld back.

This taken In 1983 SEBARAU My First Catch.

Taken in 1984 TOMAN

My first Fishing Competition in Pantai Remis Perak 1988

Vacation in Kemaman 1988 Using it in Cukai River.

1988 Fishing in Kuala Kangsar river

This Photo taken in sea side Tanjung Gelang near Kuantan Port in 1990.

 I stop using it in 1996, i replaces with new reel DAM Quick Finessa II 260. From 1982 till 1996 this reel serve me for 14 years, from small fish 100gram to the biggest 6Kg from fresh water to sea water, now i fully repair and clean it and keep it for my  Precious  fishing reel. Still can be use till today 2023. Some time take out and turn so that the greese will not harden.



Enjoy FISHING 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RC1. My RC STORY

RC26. My Memory Having RC Car. Malaysia RC Hobby Shop

RC36. My Memory Having RC Car. My No 16 RC. 1/10 - 1996 Kyosho Spider TF2