Fishing 14. My Fishing Hobby. An old Japan Reel MATCH 510

No 27
On 30/05/2010 when i was in the Sunday free market in Seremban, i come across a old reel. The condition is rusty, dirty and when spin it hard and feel the gear worn off but one thing this reel made from japan and returned Match 510. I think it from Mitchell or Zebco. The prices just only RM3. After checking on internet is just MATCH 510 made in Japan.
Reach home i remove every thing and start to clean the parts there is written in the casing year 1952. So may be this product is an antique. Below some of the photo taken before cleaning and after cleaning. So this is my another Classic collection.

This not my, is in ebay a japanis guy want to sale, it look nice.

The Condition of the Reel

Match 510

Made In Japan

The Rusty Rotor

The Handle

The Spool

The Spool Lock (Drag Cap)

The Rusty Rotor Inside and Main Shaft

The Bail

The 1952 Mark inside the body. Maybe the year manufacture.
 
The A-R Lever

Inside the Body the Pinion Gear and Drive Gear

The Damage Pinion Gear

The A-R lever with hard gress

The Drive Gear

The Spool and Spool Lock

The Dismental Parts

So do some modification on the rotor add shim so less free play. Use good grease .fix back can be use but better i keep as antick reel

After Cleaning and Services



 



Make decision to respray back. Ori colour Black. Now keep it as my vintage reel collection.

After Repaint the Body






After respray i rap with bubble rap to protect from paint damage. vintage


Look at this cheap real made from Japan  still the quality is thare, can be use until this long. Not like today cheap Reel, body made from plastick, after use for some time parts give way. Eventually the angler is important how to take care the fishing tackle for long lasting. I saw one guy sale the second hand reel for rm20, what he mention to me, this is Shimano reel made from malaysia. That why is expensive. So i check the condition bail arm spring gone can,t return, the rotatian hard due to no service, but because of the name he sale expensive. 
Like me event my old reel i take care of it, if i sale event a second hand it still can sale in high price. That why the Angler is important. If he really love this hobby most of his tackle is in good condition..





Comments

kostas dj said…
I have the same mechanism, it works normally but needs restoration
Rallyboy said…
Made in Japan good quality. That the best product from japan.

Popular posts from this blog

RC1. My RC STORY

RC26. My Memory Having RC Car. Malaysia RC Hobby Shop

RC36. My Memory Having RC Car. My No 16 RC. 1/10 - 1996 Kyosho Spider TF2